This position is in the Department of Social Sciences. This is a full-time, 9-month faculty position. The rank and tenure-status of the position is negotiable based on qualifications. The area of specialization is open but the position will be expected to teach a variety of classes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach at least four (4) classes per semester.
- Advise students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- A terminal degree in Criminal Justice or Administration of Justice.
- Several years of teaching experience at the college level, preferably at a four year degree granting institution.
- A record of publication in professional journals or on-going research likely to result in publication in the near future.
- Experience advising students on academic and career choices.