Alice Lloyd College, a small, private, liberal arts institution located in the eastern Kentucky mountains, is currently seeking applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice. This position includes subsidized housing on campus and dining hall privileges for the faculty member and family.
ALC is planning to add a BS in Criminal Justice program in the fall of 2019. And as such, is seeking a full-time faculty member with a background in law, criminal justice, sociology or a related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Teach undergraduate courses in the Criminal Justice program.
Advise students enrolled in the Criminal Justice program at ALC.
M.S. in Criminal Justice or related field required, A.B.D. considered, Ph.D. preferred.
- A Ph.D. in Criminal Justice is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of teaching criminal justice in a higher education setting.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with students, staff and faculty from diverse backgrounds.
- At least 18 graduate hours in Sociology is a plus but is not required.
Send a cover letter and CV to: Lafie Crum, Academic Dean, Alice Lloyd College, 100 Purpose Road, Pippa Passes KY 41844 or email email@example.com The search process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.