The Department of Criminal Justice Administration is seeking a tenure-track assistant professor of Criminal Justice for Fall 2019 at the Parkville, Missouri campus. The successful candidate will teach entry and advanced-level undergraduate courses in Parkville and other Kansas City area campuses. This position is for a generalist; however, preference will be given to applicants with experience in the field of criminal justice. Faculty are expected to engage in scholarly research and provide university service.
- A terminal degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or closely-related field is required.
- A J.D. will not be considered.
- Candidates who are ABD will be considered.
- Classroom teaching experience (minimum of two years of collegiate teaching) is required and professional experience in criminal justice.
- Experience in online and blended/hybrid instruction
- Interest in continuously exploring new technology
- Professional and teaching experience
- Experience in curriculum and program development
Park University, a private, not-for-profit University, founded in 1875, offers academic programs at 41 campus centers nationwide and online. The main campus is located approximately 15 minutes north of downtown Kansas City on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River, in Parkville, MO.
Park University has an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employers and dependents.
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, vita, transcripts and a list of 3-5 references.
Park University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.