The Department of Social Work at California State University, Stanislaus invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor in our MSW Program beginning Fall 2018. The successful candidates must be qualified to teach in core curricular areas such as social work practice, theory, policy, and research. Experience and expertise relevant to teaching generalist and advanced social work curriculum in direct practice is highly desired. Expectations for the position include teaching, advising students, conducting field liaison work, developing and maintaining an active research agenda, serving on Department, College, and University committees, and developing a record of professional service in the greater community. Position is contingent upon the availability of authorized funding.
- Earned doctorate in social work or related field and Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE-accredited program. ABD will be considered with degree completion by the time of appointment.
- At least two years post-MSW practice experience.
- Demonstrated ability, interest, and active involvement in scholarly activity.
- Successful record of curriculum development and/or teaching.
- Commitment to the pursuit of social justice.
- Commitment to empowerment and strengths-based social work practice.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and with diverse populations.
A potential candidate’s consideration will be enhanced by evidence of:
- Direct social work practice and/or teaching expertise in clinical, health, behavioral health, substance abuse, and/or gerontology.
- Experience building and updating online content for health and integrated behavioral health MSW courses.
- Experience teaching online.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues impacting digital learning in higher education.
- Familiarity with CSWE accreditation standards and competency-based education.
HOW TO APPLY & DEADLINE:
A complete application must include four items: (1) a letter of application addressing qualifications and experiences for the position, department, university and service region; (2) current curriculum vita; (3) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; and (4) unofficial copies of graduate transcripts. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. The Faculty Search Committee will begin reviewing completed applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled. This appointment commences Fall 2018. Please send electronic or hard-copy application materials and all other correspondence concerning this position vacancy to:
Dr. Kilolo Brodie, MSW Program Director & Department Chair Department of Social Work
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle | Turlock, CA 95382
(209) 667-3126 | email@example.com
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. As a member of the 23-campus CSU System, we offer an extremely competitive benefits package.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT and THE COLLEGE:
The Master of Social Work Program at California State University, Stanislaus is administered and governed as a graduate Department within the College of Education, Kinesiology, and Social Work. The Program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The focal concern of the Program is to prepare professional social workers capable of utilizing an integrative practice framework to engage with diverse populations to advance social justice. To learn more about us, visit our Web site at: http://www.csustan.edu/Social_Work/index.htm