This position is in the Department of Social Sciences which includes History, Political Science, Sociology, and Criminal Justice. It is a full-time, 9-month appointment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach at least four (4) classes per semester, most of which will be introductory freshmen classes.
- Advise students on academic issues.
- Serve on departmental and college committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- A terminal degree in History
- Several years of teaching experience at the college level, preferably at a four-year institution.
- Experience advising students on academic and career choices.