Urbana University, a branch campus of Franklin University, located in Urbana, Ohio, is seeking a full-time Assistant Professor (12 month). Primary responsibilities will include teaching and oversight of courses in English and Communication at the Urbana campus. Other responsibilities include hiring, mentoring, and managing adjunct faculty; oversight of the William G. Edwards Honors Program; and university service/committee work.
Applicants must have a Doctorate in English, Composition and Rhetoric, or Communication. Applicants are expected to have experience teaching writing at a college or university and significant experience with digital media and digital communication tools, such as the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and instruct face-to-face and online courses in composition, literature, and communication.
- Participate in course, program, and curriculum review and development;
- Direct the William G. Edwards Honors Program;
- Serve on university and college committees;
- Keep informed of discipline specific content and new approaches to instruction through research and professional development activities;
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students;
- Attend all university, college, and department faculty meetings;
Founded in 1850, Urbana University serves more than 1800 students from around the world from its 128 acre campus nestled in the historic city of Urbana, Ohio. Known for innovative academic programs that feature personal attention from faculty, the University offers more than 30 undergraduate programs and several graduate degrees, delivering course work in class, online, or a combination of both. Blue Knights athletics includes 15 NCAA Division II sports along with intercollegiate bowling, cheerleading, and shooting sports.