Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, full-time, tenure track
Successful candidates are expected to be effective teachers and scholars. They are expected to teach introductory and upper-division undergraduate courses in government and public policy as well as graduate level courses in the department’s NASPAA accredited Master of Public Administration program, develop an academic and applied research program that results in high levels of productivity, and participate in unit/college/university professional service. The successful candidate may also have an opportunity to be involved with BGSU’s Center for Regional Development.
- Ph.D. or D.P.A. degree or equivalent in political science, public administration, or a closely related discipline. ABDs will be considered as long as the requirements for the degree are completed by August 2018.
- College-level teaching experience.
- Demonstrable scholarly activity.
- Preferred areas of specialization for this position include nonprofit management, urban planning, GIS, and/or local government.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with peer institution levels for rank and position in keeping with candidate’s experience and credentials. Full benefits package available.
Expected Start Date: August 2018
Credentials Required for Application
- Cover letter describing teaching and research interests
- Writing sample (article, working paper, etc.)
- Portfolio of Teaching Effectiveness including statement of teaching philosophy, sample syllabus, and quantitative teaching evaluations (if available)
- Three professional references
- Copies of transcripts indicating all relevant graduate course work
For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position, visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources, BGSU. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Questions may be directed to the Faculty Search Committee Chair, Dr. Shannon K. Orr, email@example.com. An official transcript showing that the doctoral degree has been earned (or an official letter indicating that the requirements for the degree have been met) is required for employment. BGSU policy requires finalists to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.