Education, Minimum Training and Experience Required:
Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, or in a directly related field. Specialization in Research Methods or experience in research. ABD may be considered if doctoral degree will be completed in Fall, 2017.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate classes in Criminal Justice
- Teach specifically Research Methods courses at undergraduate and graduate level
- Have grant writing skills
- Guide independent research projects in Criminal Justice
- Provide advisement, assist with registration and keep records regarding advisement, registration and mentorship
- Participate in departmental, college and university committees
- Engage in publications in refereed journals, etc.
- Participate in community related services
- Demonstrate communication skills and professionalism dealing with students, colleagues, and community members
- Accept related duties assigned by the Head of the Department, College Dean, and Provost