Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report’s Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Tracking Number: F663
The Department of Criminal Justice seeks a full-time faculty person to join a new, burgeoning, vibrant undergraduate program. Area of specialization is open. Applicants with experience advising criminal justice students, participation in service learning activities, and candidates from under represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates are expected to teach a range of undergraduate criminal justice core courses, share in departmental activities (including advising/mentoring students, program assessment, participate in student recruitment/retention activities, etc.), actively participate in scholarship, and in department and university life. Ideally, applicants will have an active research agenda (commensurate with rank), experience teaching, a dedicated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population, and seek to contribute to a growing major. May be needed to work at alternative teaching sites.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
- Ph.D. in Criminology (or closely related field) preferred, ABD will be considered.
- Candidates must be able to communicate their Christian faith and how they integrate faith in teaching, research and service. (Faculty are required to sign a “Statement of Faith” available at http://www/apu.edu/about/believe and adhere to policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook)
- Excellence in university teaching, a strong Christian commitment, experience in service to a university, evidence of scholarly research activity (commensurate with rank) in the field of criminology/criminal justice.
Workload: Full time faculty position in criminal justice.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.